Investor visa UK
Investor visa UK (Tier 1)
Investor visa UK
The Investor visa UK is for those individuals who are able to make a huge financial investment in the UK. For one to qualify, they will need to have access to at least 2 million and be willing to invest their funds in actively trading UK companies under Business Immigration.
Holders of this visa are permitted to study, work, and engage in business activities. This visa leads to settlement in the UK after a period of 5 years, but acceleration is available to those who invest more.
Requirements for Investor visa UK
The applicant will need to prove the source of their funds if they have held it for less than 2 years. The Home Office will need to be satisfied as to the provenance of your funds. However, the applicant will not have to prove if the source of the funds:
- A financial award or winnings; or
- Money held in your business or the business of your husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner; or
- A gift received by yourself or your husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner in the 2 years prior to the date of application; or
- The proceeds of a divorce settlement received within 2 years immediately before the date of application; or
- The proceeds of a sale of assets such as business or property within 2 years before the date of application; or
- Inheritance under a will received within the 2 years before making the application; or
- Any other source provided that the source can be documented and independently corroborated.
The applicant will not need to satisfy any English language or maintenance funds requirement.
The initial UK Investor visa will be valid for either 3 years and 4 months if applying from overseas or 3 years if applying from within the UK.
The following requirements need to be satisfied in order to qualify for Investor visa UK;
- You must be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- Must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds
- Be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- Have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use your funds
- Funds must be free to spend in the UK
- Funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institution
- Must pay £1,623 to apply for the Investor visa.
You and any adult dependents will need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country that you have lived in for at least 12 months in the last 10 years.
In order to be able to settle as an Investor in the UK, you will need to spend not more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12-month period.
You may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a UK Investor visa holder after spending 2,3 or 5 years in the UK. The initial Investor visa you were granted and the amount of your investment will determine the requirements needed to satisfy in order to qualify for ILR.
Need Legal help get registered
one of our team members contact you
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this article, it does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. Each legal case and issue may have unique facts and circumstances, as a result legallex does not accept any responsibility for liabilities arising as a result of reliance upon the information provided. For further help and guidance, you can always rely on and seek advice from our experienced lawyers.